SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Bhop map suggestions!

Axil [No Sound]

A list of what I consider to be must-have bhop maps :D Will probably update in replies as I think of more. This is just all I could work out quickly.
I placed a * before the easy maps that would be a great addition.

*bhop_playboy_csgo
*bhop_cuteboys_csgo
*bhop_lego1 (long but easy)
 bhop_lego2
 bhop_sqee_csgo (hard, but imo still a good one to have on the server, a handful of slightly challenging maps is always good)
* bhop_colorshit
*bhop_greenshit
*bhop_whiteshit
*bhop_redshit
*bhop_blackshit
*bhop_kuusipuu
*bhop_grayshit
*bhop_green_shade
bhop_fps_max
*bhop_blue_aux
*bhop_0
*bhop_legomyego
* bhop_piano (long but easy)
*bhop_bathhouse
bhop_null (longish map, fairly hard, but you make consistent progress, so it's a good learning one)
bhop_2flocci2furious
*bhop_rollin_v1
*bhop_coma_x

Sidenote: on bhop_uc_minecraft_beta2_csgo (a map already on server) it's worth considering having the map end just before the double ladders, and starting the bonus at the ladders.

Additional maps suggested by Bela (some repeats)

"suggested-maps-list-for-KZG

List of difficult/long maps that aren't absolute cancer that I suggest adding to KZG bhop server. Sorted roughly by map creator.

This list is based off of maps from CS:S, and so I can't guarantee the availability of all maps within CS:GO

kz_bhop_yonkoma

bhop_exodus_fix

kz_bhop_benchmark

bhop_badges

bhop_communityjump

bhop_dragon

bhop_ragnarok

bhop_sqee

bhop_aux_a9

bhop_flocci

bhop_2flocci2furious

bhop_verisimilitude

bhop_ivy_final

bhop_idiosyncrasy

bhop_cutekittenz

bhop_cutekittenz2

bhop_cw

bhop_whatislove

bhop_ananas

bhop_thc_gold

bhop_thc_platinum

bhop_lego1

bhop_lego2

bhop_interloper

bhop_japan

bhop_ffvii_mako_reactor_v2

bhop_inmomentum_gfl_final

bhop_epiphany

bhop_ihanvitunpaskamappi

bhop_fury

bhop_fury_2

bhop_colorshit

bhop_alvo

bhop_alvo2

bhop_dimensions

bhop_fps_max_sr

bhop_hikari

bhop_nyrox

bhop_cw_journey

bhop_cw_collab

bhop_indest_beta

bhop_hyable

bhop_p05

bhop_p06

bhop_challenjour_v2

bhop_prometheus

bhop_velocity

bhop_comfort_final

bhop_spiteful"

Edited by Axil [No Sound]
More additions to map, and removal of ones already put on server.

I'll see what can be done. Zoning is fairly easy with this server so if I get the all clear I will happily zone and try implement these maps for you. Thanks :) 

q7FvjV2.png

@Axil [No Sound] i cbf checking none of theese are from the comp yea? (also need to get map downloads for skyprah)

❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️

1 hour ago, | Rensta | said:

I'll see what can be done. Zoning is fairly easy with this server so if I get the all clear I will happily zone and try implement these maps for you. Thanks :) 

Awesome! But I made this list a little prior to the bhop competition thing, a few maps on here are in the competition, so they preferably can't be added until then @eatthedead7 those maps are Arcane, Blue Abstract, Egyptian Balls and Blueshit, i'll remove them from the original post to prevent confusion.

And I will also find those links as soon as I get a moment, new puppy is taking up all my time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Axil [No Sound] said:

Awesome! But I made this list a little prior to the bhop competition thing, a few maps on here are in the competition, so they preferably can't be added until then @eatthedead7 those maps are Arcane, Blue Abstract, Egyptian Balls and Blueshit, i'll remove them from the original post to prevent confusion.

And I will also find those links as soon as I get a moment, new puppy is taking up all my time.

Ah it's okay just send photos of the pup <3 I love aminals 

Edited by eatthedead7

❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️❤️??❤️

Added more maps to the suggestions, if needed, I can collect the game banana links for these maps, to save whoever is uploading them time :)

dont see why adding a tier 5 map (sqee) to an easy server hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

and gee wiz kz_bhop maps on an easy server. not a good idea 

dragon tier 6 yonkoma tier 6 interloper 5. oN aN eAsY SERvER????!??!?

Edited by shanehehexd

@shanehehexd

As it's stated above, there are difficult maps listed. Not overly sure why you feel the need to point out the obvious? As I've made it very clear that there are some definitely not-easy maps.

Currently, the server is titled as easy, yes. But it already has multiple challenging maps. The issue with "easy" servers, is they tend not to hold players for long, people outskill it, and often begin to get interested in longer/harder maps.

So lots of servers create "hard" servers, where the more difficult maps go, but this splits the community, so neither server really reaches its potential.

But then there are people, who just make it a "bhop" server,  with all levels of map difficulties in there, and with a voting system for maps, the most desired map always goes through, and if it isn't enjoyed, it is rtv'd.

Even though these maps are "difficult", most of the maps, even "bad" players, can get through a portion of it. And improve as players, faster than if they just completed aztec for the 100th time.

While at the end of the day, it is of course Skyprahs choice on where he chooses to take the server, I would really hope to see a singular bhop community on KZG, rather than have it split up.

Even as a test, to see how the community appreciates it. Maybe people never vote for it, or rtv them off, in that case there was no harm in trying.

Edited by Axil [No Sound]
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, shanehehexd said:

easy is generally 1-3 not 1-6 end of

And? My suggestion clearly leans towards making the server a "Bhop" server, not an "easy" server. I did explain this in my wall of text.

A "hard" server could be made sure, but that will split the community.

Things can evolve, just because it's called "easy" now, doesn't mean there isn't a chance that can change, if Skyprah was open to it. 

hard map running and easy running are 2 completely different communities, short map runners (generally the easy maps) would rather strafe for an hour straight then running a longer map, even though most likely they can finish. its just what some people enjoy more than others. think about it as the surf server. why not chuck every tier 6 map under the sun onto it. it wont make people better, and most easy players wouldnt enjoy it. tier 1-6 could be possible but then again people who really want to run the harder and longer maps, will need a lot longer time to finish, and if easy players dont want to that they gonna rtv which will lead to the hard players getting pissed and finding another hard server that doesnt have easy maps. theres a reason most servers are like that axil not because they didnt realise they would be saving money having a 1-6, its not some super human idea, its just that it most likely wouldnt work. just opinion soz if seem aggressive i just type like this.

10 minutes ago, shanehehexd said:

hard map running and easy running are 2 completely different communities, short map runners (generally the easy maps) would rather strafe for an hour straight then running a longer map, even though most likely they can finish. its just what some people enjoy more than others. think about it as the surf server. why not chuck every tier 6 map under the sun onto it. it wont make people better, and most easy players wouldnt enjoy it. tier 1-6 could be possible but then again people who really want to run the harder and longer maps, will need a lot longer time to finish, and if easy players dont want to that they gonna rtv which will lead to the hard players getting pissed and finding another hard server that doesnt have easy maps. theres a reason most servers are like that axil not because they didnt realise they would be saving money having a 1-6, its not some super human idea, its just that it most likely wouldnt work. just opinion soz if seem aggressive i just type like this.

See, in my history I have seen the opposite, I have seen the best servers as a single community.

Comparing high tier bhop to surf, is extremely unreasonable. As on high tier surf servers, you have to be on a certain skill level to do certain parts, get distances through, and the goal of surf is to straight up complete the map, you can't stop.

But on bhop, lots of these hard maps, you can do nearly all of it, with average skill, it just takes a while. But you make progress, you reach certain points. And most of all, you improve.

I think the issue, is that you personally haven't seen servers like this, I have. They work amazingly. And players improve the fastest on servers like this, communitys become really strong, and all in all it's a great experience.

You might hear people mention Aus KZ (dead server, not advertising, doesn't exist anymore) that was an all sorts of map server, and it was the OG back then, all types of skilled players, from trash, to godly.

It does work, but I can understand not believing that, until you've seen it yourself.

well on the server i shall not name ending with .com i generally see the more experienced long map runners on the whitelist running the long maps so they dont get rtv spammed. ur argument about on bhop people being able to just work through no matter their skill level. i can say with 99% certainty maybe 1 exception that a new player cant finish any of the kz_bhop maps you listed, or dragon, or sqee or the large majority of high tier maps you listed. listing one success of a server isnt really saying anything when the ratio of popular 1-3 servers to 1-6 servers is like 50:1. maybe it will work maybe it wont. but i can say with a lot of experience that "MOST" long map runners/regulars would rather be on a 4-6 without getting rtv'd than spending 2 minutes on kz_yonkoma and getting rage rtv'd

4 minutes ago, shanehehexd said:

well on the server i shall not name ending with .com i generally see the more experienced long map runners on the whitelist running the long maps so they dont get rtv spammed. ur argument about on bhop people being able to just work through no matter their skill level. i can say with 99% certainty maybe 1 exception that a new player cant finish any of the kz_bhop maps you listed, or dragon, or sqee or the large majority of high tier maps you listed. listing one success of a server isnt really saying anything when the ratio of popular 1-3 servers to 1-6 servers is like 50:1. maybe it will work maybe it wont. but i can say with a lot of experience that "MOST" long map runners/regulars would rather be on a 4-6 without getting rtv'd than spending 2 minutes on kz_yonkoma and getting rage rtv'd

I did say " But on bhop, lots of these hard maps, you can do nearly all of it, with average skill, it just takes a while. But you make progress, you reach certain points. And most of all, you improve. "

I did not state that they will complete them,  but is the a requirement? All maps MUST be completable by bad or even average players? That seems to be a very strange direction games seem to be going, very hand-holdy. But If that's the case, then there's a bunch of maps that should be removed from the server.

I do see your point, but if the server chooses to stay easy only, it needs a hard server too. Until there's a hard server, I don't think it should be classed as easy.

I think a great alternative, is that the server has both easy and hard maps, until there's a hard bhop server.

I would assume a hard server is coming eventually, but haven't heard anything on the topic.

Just now, shanehehexd said:

wow ur genius. a 1-6!. better trademark that idea

? Not sure why you're being passive aggressive. We're just having a discussion.

geez u really do take everything i say seriously

Unsure how you want me to take that, you come across aggressive and angry.

pretend retard.png

wow did you just call me a retard better have a rage

:^)

Hope you haven't gotten the impression that i'm "having a rage" though, If that's the impression I gave across, muh bad, I have the social typing skills of a dead person.

In terms of servers that have been very successful and included all difficulties of maps, tiers 1-6, there's #Mr. Community, MPBhop, SPACEBAR WARRIORS, Kawaii Clan, Aus.Go, AusKZ, SourceCode, Velocity, etc. There's a lot, I don't know many of the EU/NA ones but seriously it's been a super common thing in bhop for the past 10 years.

Honestly the majority of people I've met over my bhop years have started with tier 1 maps, like bhop_aztec, atom, 1n5an3, etc. But once they get ahold of how to control their movement, and start landing on blocks consistently, almost anyone with a drive for bhop will start trying to tackle harder maps, which is why bhop_badges, bhop_monster_jam, bhop_arcane, bhop_aux_a9, bhop_2flocci2furious etc have been so immensely popular for so long. So few people can even finish badges, but it's still arguably top 3 most popular bhop maps ever.

It's not about finishing, it's not about times. Bhop is ultimately fun, and the fun is in the accomplishment of beating something you couldn't before, like your pb on a map, or a really hard section on a map.

For people who want to grind maps for hours and hours on end, whitelist servers are made specifically for them to do that. You can't use the argument that tier 5-6 maps shouldn't be included on a public server because bhoppers who set world record times won't get to play them long enough on a public server. That's obvious, barely any seriously good bhoppers actually spend any real time on maps outside of private servers anyway.

OF COURSE, Shane, your argument is that the server is flagged as "Easy" and so should not include harder maps. That's fine, so long as it's flagged as that, perhaps it shouldn't. But if KZG wants to reach any kind of real bhop audience, they need to start including harder maps and thinking about those of us who spend enough time in bhop that we're willing to donate to servers to keep them alive, and keep the community alive. Because, ultimately, that's where the success is for big servers. Good players who can inspire and teach the beginners, and spread their great runs to YouTube for a global audience, with a mention of the server in the description, as per SourceJumpfaste hops, and GlobalJumps standard.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Naga said:

bhop hard tier server ?

Either a hard server or just take away the "Easy" in the name of the current server. The point Axil and I are making is that a unified server is generally speaking better, or at the very least, our preferred option.

Very few people play Hard tier servers because it's really not that fun to just grind long/difficult maps all the time. You need some small and easy maps in between in order to relax and just mindlessly spam out times. DTK has been the main Australian bhop server group for a large portion of the last 8 months, and their hard server was honestly less popular than aus-tg, which has a timer someone wrote up in 10 minutes and then forgot about.

Hard servers are good in concept, but not so good in practice.