SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Giving out points for stages (Poll)

fluffys

Points for completing stages and points for achieving a Stage Server Record  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should points be given out to players who complete a stage (players will not receive these points more than once, meaning no improvement points)

2. 2. Should extra points be given out to players who achieve a stage server record

Hello, I am posting this to get the communities opinion on the topic of Stages, specifically points in regards to completion of stages and stage records.

The vote will have two questions:

1. Should points be given out to players who complete a stage (players will not receive these points more than once, meaning no improvement points)
  2. Should extra points be given out to players who achieve a stage server record

Keep in mind the points for these stages would be very low, something around 5 points for completion and 15 points for a stage record, and once a player has achieved their completion points for a stage, they cannot gain more points for completing that stage unless achieving the stage record.

Pros of stage completion points:

• Allows players to be rewarded for achieving progression on maps
  • Gives players a reason to attempt harder tier maps other than personal achievement
  • Gives players who can't complete a entire map but only some stages points for beating those stages

Cons of stage completion points:

• Easy to obtain
  • Very low value

Pros of stage record points:

• Gives players a reason to attempt stage records on maps that can otherwise be boring with nothing to do
  • Rewards good surfers who achieve these records

Cons of stage record points:

• Only the top 1% of the player base will most likely have these records and thus having a point increase for such players

Feel free to discuss what you think in this thread as well!

Edited by fluffys
  • Like 4

I truly believe that stages should give points, for players like myself, who may be-able to complete a tier 3 stage, and someone with less experience, who cannot beat that tier 3 stage, I feel like I should be rewarded points for being able to complete that stage, as is implied when you beat a record, you get more points.

+1

P.s, accidentally voted no on the 2nd option, remove 1 vote plz.

Edited by Sculpted By The Gods
Fixing my words up
  • Like 3

We have been talking about this for a long time with other staff members and are taking this seriously. 

Please vote seriously and give honest, valuable input into this. Will be much appreciated!

• Thanks 1

Low value is a must, even then I can see 20 or so players just screaming ahead with points, but hey if you can zoom, go zoom.

I think !profile should be given an overhaul once stage completes/records are implemented. Also adding bonus completes/records would be beneficial. Hardly anyone does challenges so just swap that out?

ZLOqTsX.jpg

i think surfing should be about having fun not the leaderboards we should all enjoy our time playing counter strike and all come together as one to complete every map we can and when weve done that help everyone else to complete the map :D i vote no points at all !! :D 

76561198249255096.png

points for complete yes
points for server record no
If its anything like it was on kp, ur gonna be rewarding sr cp's in which about 90% of them are glitched, and never taken care of, there is already enough maps with glitched times, until they can keep up with everything i strongly disagree towards rewarding even more undeserved times even if it is something that small 
But with that being said if you are too the amount should not be any higher then what you said imo for the exact reason above
IF THEY ARE CONSTANTLY BEING WATCHED OVER and times are authentic tho i believe like 50 points would be more deserving in the later stages of this being implicated, after times have settled and its more competitive

1 hour ago, Duckduckduckduckduck said:

points for complete yes
points for server record no
If its anything like it was on kp, ur gonna be rewarding sr cp's in which about 90% of them are glitched, and never taken care of, there is already enough maps with glitched times, until they can keep up with everything i strongly disagree towards rewarding even more undeserved times even if it is something that small 
But with that being said if you are too the amount should not be any higher then what you said imo for the exact reason above
IF THEY ARE CONSTANTLY BEING WATCHED OVER and times are authentic tho i believe like 50 points would be more deserving in the later stages of this being implicated, after times have settled and its more competitive

They weren't taken care of because there was a exploit and it wasn't until near the end of KP's life someone actually reported the exploit and provided steps as to how to re-produce it and I was able to fix it, just needed people to report cheated WRCPs (which were reset)

A bit hypocritical coming from one of the top exploiters that also doesn't report them (!slap). 

Keeping them low value, even if cheated, means they won't really be significant in terms of points, wouldn't break the "points economy" at all.

Edited by fluffys

I reckon stage record points should be only awarded on maps that are on the Easy Surf server as that server is alot more populated, and more likely for a glitched time to be resolved and removed. Also so people wouldn't storm ahead in points playing random tier 3-4 on the Hard surf where quite few people play.

Edited by Levi

• My Name is Tito locked this topic