SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Scammers getting worse on steam?

B0nes

Just food for thought.

A little while ago when Valve had a huge smack-down on cs cheaters, there was also a massive scammer ban all throughout steam (trade bans). After that, I saw a really decent decrease in scams that personally effected me. (A lot less people adding me with intention to scam). But over the last month, I've had at least 10 people add me with that intention...its getting crazy again, and now I'm requesting comments before adds etc.

The graph I attached clearly shows the massive wave of VAC and game bans (late january), and then a complete lack of them through the last month or two.

Can someone explain to me how valve bans people (Game and VAC)

And if I've misunderstood game/trade bans entirely.

Otherwise, what are you thoughts!

Cheers guys,

B0nes

EDIT: Added second screenshot showing exact figures from January wave :)

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 1.21.59 am.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 1.25.57 am.png

Edited by B0nes

vac = gamefiles cheats (detectable cheats)

Game ban = Overwatch ban (undetected cheats)

Edit: Vac Wave = valve has made a change to VAC and it now detects SOME "undetectable cheats" so all the people that are using the now detected cheat all get banned at the same time.

Edited by Jerry

On 3/26/2018 at 5:52 AM, Jerry said:

vac = gamefiles cheats (detectable cheats)

Game ban = Overwatch ban (undetected cheats)

Edit: Vac Wave = valve has made a change to VAC and it now detects SOME "undetectable cheats" so all the people that are using the now detected cheat all get banned at the same time.

Thanks @Jerry

Edited by B0nes