SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Racism rule

Woofmore

KZG doesn't tolerate racism at all as far as I know, some jokes are funny, some are just distasteful. To be honest, I think it really depends on the situation and the audience...rather than a rule. All mods and admins are trained in how to decide on whether a situation is out of hand etc.

If you/anyone is repeating the N-word consistently, then there is definitely reason for a mute/ban, if a joke was made (Like the hitler skin) and it wasn't too offensive, then you're fine.

It all depends on situation, tone, and audience imo.

You edited it to add in the Australian server part, so I'm responding to that now...it doesn't matter what country you are from...hitler attempted genocide and started the Second World War...every country was effected negatively...no countries are more sensitive then others...Australians like to have a good laugh/bant, thats why racist jokes/references are fairly accepted in society here. It was called a WORLD War for a reason.

B0nes

Edited by B0nes

1 minute ago, B0nes said:

KZG doesn't tolerate racism at all as far as I know, some jokes are funny, some are just distasteful. To be honest, I think it really depends on the situation and the audience...rather than a rule. All mods and admins are trained in how to decide on whether a situation is out of hand etc.

If you/anyone is repeating the N-word consistently, then there is definitely reason for a mute/ban, if a joke was made (Like the hitler skin) and it wasn't too offensive, then you're fine.

It all depends on situation, tone, and audience imo.

B0nes

I have been told by all the admins I've asked (on combat surf) that the N word isn't allowed, but they don't care if i say (for example) that hitler did nothing wrong. Even if we say the N word in a jokingly matter we still get a mute etc. 

1 minute ago, Woofmore said:

I have been told by all the admins I've asked (on combat surf) that the N word isn't allowed, but they don't care if i say (for example) that hitler did nothing wrong. Even if we say the N word in a jokingly matter we still get a mute etc. 

Obviously people are more sensitive in that area mate...KZG must have received complaints from members of the community about the use of the word. KZG is a place that welcomes all people...so if someone feels uncomfortable or offended because of it, its the admins job to tell you to stop. If you continue, you'll receive a mute or ban. It's fairly simple.

The N-word is a derogatory term referring to black African Americans as slaves, so its not surprising that you got told off.

4 minutes ago, B0nes said:

Obviously people are more sensitive in that area mate...KZG must have received complaints from members of the community about the use of the word. KZG is a place that welcomes all people...so if someone feels uncomfortable or offended because of it, its the admins job to tell you to stop. If you continue, you'll receive a mute or ban. It's fairly simple.

The N-word is a derogatory term referring to black African Americans as slaves, so its not surprising that you got told off.

As long as there are admins to determine whether you/others are being unreasonable or not, the racism will be kept under control. Chances are you aren't racist, certainly doesn't sound like it, and if so, you aren't welcome here. It's  not about whether it has any meaning behind it, its about people getting hurt or offended.

EDIT: Grammatical  

giphy.gif

Edited by B0nes

i brought up this point as more a sarcastic thing, but yeah it is silly that racist words aren't allowed, however a hitler player model is completely fine. It's one or the other, accept that people will continue to make racial slurs, or remove the Hitler skin.

Why should you be "protecting" one race.... silly.

21 minutes ago, B0nes said:

Obviously people are more sensitive in that area mate...KZG must have received complaints from members of the community about the use of the word. KZG is a place that welcomes all people...so if someone feels uncomfortable or offended because of it, its the admins job to tell you to stop.

Yes but instead of saying you cant be racist to this one group of individuals on the other side of the Earth, it would be easier to have a rule against it as a whole.  For example, If I went and complained about how hitler is joked about on this server and i genuinely felt so appalled by it that I couldn't just ignore it then  I wouldn't go against the hitler incident, I would go against the fact that anything sensitive like that wouldn't be tolerated.

21 minutes ago, B0nes said:

Hitler started a World war, killed MILLIONS of jews etc etc etc.

Edited by Woofmore
Got my numbers of jews wrong

9 minutes ago, Woofmore said:

Yes but instead of saying you cant be racist to this one group of individuals on the other side of the Earth, it would be easier to have a rule against it as a whole.  For example, If I went and complained about how hitler is joked about on this server and i genuinely felt so appalled by it that I couldn't just ignore it then  I wouldn't go against the hitler incident, I would go against the fact that anything sensitive like that wouldn't be tolerated.

African Americans inhabit most countries in the world. There is a very dense population in America of course...because they are from there.

9 minutes ago, Woofmore said:

Hitler started a World war, killed THOUSANDS of jews etc etc etc.

The hitler skin is not directed at a group of people, it is simply a joke, the 'N-word' is used as a derogatory term. I cannot make this more clear.

Saying the word hitler, or having a skin of him in a server is not directed at a community of people, and designed to hurt them.

The n-word is.

20 minutes ago, Dandy said:

i brought up this point as more a sarcastic thing, but yeah it is silly that racist words aren't allowed, however a hitler player model is completely fine. It's one or the other, accept that people will continue to make racial slurs, or remove the Hitler skin.

Why should you be "protecting" one race.... silly.

I feel like you are missing my point, I don't speak in the name of KZG ofc, just as a member, this isn't about protecting one community, its about making the community safe for everyone...if some people came together to complain about the hitler skin...I'm almost they would remove it.

I'm sorry if I sound condescending...I honestly don't mean it.

Thanks man,

B0nes

12 minutes ago, B0nes said:

The hitler skin is not directed at a group of people, it is simply a joke

Yes, but if I say the N word as a joke I still get muted because people still take offence to it; Just because something is a joke doesnt mean people dont take offence to it.

13 minutes ago, B0nes said:

I don't speak in the name of KZG ofc, just as a member, this isn't about protecting one community, its about making the community safe for everyone

If they were making the community safe for everyone then the rule would be *No racism.* not *No N word*

Sorry, but when the fuck have you EVER had hitler brought up in a conversation, without anyone mentioning his racial and disgusting acts against many different people.

49 minutes ago, Woofmore said:

If they were making the community safe for everyone then the rule would be *No racism.* not *No N word*

Remember I'm not arguing with you ;), simply saying that its tough to design a rule, because its a really grey area...when do jokes stay jokes and not just offences etc.

Thats why I think its best for admins to decide in the situation.

I think its fair for there to be certain rules e.g no n-word, in place, if it has been complained about by a number of members.

I just think these are two different things. 

56 minutes ago, Woofmore said:

Yes, but if I say the N word as a joke I still get muted because people still take offence to it; Just because something is a joke doesnt mean people dont take offence to it.

If people have a serious problem, they'll ask the admin to stop it, which the admin will do. (As long as the request is reasonable) 

31 minutes ago, Dandy said:

Sorry, but when the fuck have you EVER had hitler brought up in a conversation, without anyone mentioning his racial and disgusting acts against many different people.

Thats exactly what I was saying Dandy, horrible acts, against all people. Having a hitler skin isn't racist...in any way. It might be distasteful, or a bit politically incorrect lmao, but if people had serious issues with it, it would have been reported.

58 minutes ago, Woofmore said:

Where does it say “No N word” ? In the rules it clearly states ‘no racism’ so maybe have a read of the rules before thinking that you’re correct. 

Good try anyway ?

latest?cb=20111128052231

54 minutes ago, Lim. said:

Where does it say “No N word” ? In the rules it clearly states ‘no racism’ so maybe have a read of the rules before thinking that you’re correct. 

Good try anyway ?

Ok, I see that. Still wanna know why there is a hitler skin and why i can say that hitler did nothing wrong without being punished. Plus I can say beaner (a racist term for a mexican person) etc

43 minutes ago, Woofmore said:

Ok, I see that. Still wanna know why there is a hitler skin and why i can say that hitler did nothing wrong without being punished. Plus I can say beaner (a racist term for a mexican person) etc

Explain to me how saying "Hitler did nothing wrong" and the skin, is racist.

It's not racist.

It might be a non pc, end of the world.

No complaints, no problem :)

This conversation has gone on too long lol

Thanks 

B0nes 

17 minutes ago, B0nes said:

Explain to me how saying "Hitler did nothing wrong" and the skin, is racist.

Ok so you are saying gassing of whats estimated at 6 MILLION OF ONE RACE ISNT RACIST

14 minutes ago, Woofmore said:

Ok so you are saying gassing of whats estimated at 6 MILLION OF ONE RACE ISNT RACIST

Thats very racist...as it involves race. Simply talk and banter about hitler isn't racist.

Honestly mate I'm not trying to argue with you...I'm simply saying that I don't think the rules need to change.

Just now, B0nes said:

Thats very racist...as it involves race. Simply talk and banter about hitler isn't racist.

Honestly mate I'm not trying to argue with you...I'm simply saying that I don't think the rules need to change.

If I'm in the wrong here, which I may well be, the admins and server owner will change the rule set.

:) 

1 hour ago, Woofmore said:

Plus I can say beaner (a racist term for a mexican person)

You're not, you'd get away with it because no one knows what that is.

3 hours ago, Woofmore said:

Hitler started a World war, killed MILLIONS of jews etc etc etc.

I wouldn't say millions, was probably exaggerated to make them sound worse than the communist gulags. "History is written by the victors" - Winston Churchill.

Resigned KZG Staff Member (1 year boiiiis)

Skyprah's Sidekick
 Nyalon's bitch
Best Polish Scoutz Player
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kichia/ <-- My account 

unknown.png

36 minutes ago, B0nes said:

Yes, but whats the difference between banter about hitler and jokingly saying the N word. Both are very bad but i wouldnt say one is worse; In one instance you have millions dead, yet in the second you got millions enslaved. Anyway imma head off, if anyone else replys i will try see it in the morning

19 minutes ago, Jaggo said:

You're not, you'd get away with it because no one knows what that is.

I wouldn't say millions, was probably exaggerated to make them sound worse than the communist gulags. "History is written by the victors" - Winston Churchill.

:)

2 hours ago, Woofmore said:

Hitler is a historical figure. And saying Hitler did nothing wrong is just a meme, there’s a fine line between being racist and having a ‘meme’ 

latest?cb=20111128052231