SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

The bhop server needs some major changes.

impale

I'd like to preface this by saying, I'm not personally attacking anybody, this is just simply what I've observed from playing the bhop server. There are also a lot of things that would be needed but I am simply going to list the most crucial things that the server is missing.

First off I have noticed the staff team are simply not active enough, plenty of times I've seen people break multiple rules, but nothing happens. For example, today I played for about 6 hours, and for about 3 of those hours, there was one person on the server advertising his own discord every single time a new player joined the server, and not once was he muted or kicked.

Second there is simply a lack of plugins, now there may be a multitude of reasons as to why these are not here, and if there is a valid reason please let me know. But there are some very simple commands that just aren't there, which are absolutely needed for a bhop server. First and foremost, noclip - I have absolutely no idea as to why this isn't on the server, it is probably the most important command for bhop servers, in terms of routing. The second goes hand in hand with noclip and that is any sort of checkpoint system. Checkpoint plugins are also essential towards routing a map.

Lastly, the lack of anti cheat. I know for a fact I could get on the server with any private strafe optimizer, and the anti cheat most definitely wouldn't catch me. This may cost money, or it might not be a priority to some, but when you are trying to top the record list, and you see random people at the top, that have global world records, it just ruins your want to play more.

This is coming from a bhopper that always tries to be at my best, so views for casuals may be different, and if anyone wants to add anything / give me reasons for some of these I'd be open to it.

- impale 

I like these ideas. I would like to add that the ranking system should be fixed - to add a more competitive aspect to the server other than beating times. 

Also, replay bots only work on some maps, and they do not spawn on others.

My other point is i believe noclip was on the server before, it was just used to exploit times i think. I’m not completely sure but after watching some 10 second times on 40 second maps that was what it seemed like.

latest?cb=20111128052231

Just now, qd. said:

My other point is i believe noclip was on the server before, it was just used to exploit times i think. I’m not completely sure but after watching some 10 second times on 40 second maps that was what it seemed like.

I know the exact bug you are talking about, and the fix for that is just making people have to restart the timer with !r before being able to go after using noclip.

As for the ranking, I guess it can help a bit, but I don't think it's a major issue.

7 hours ago, impale said:

First off I have noticed the staff team are simply not active enough, plenty of times I've seen people break multiple rules, but nothing happens. For example, today I played for about 6 hours, and for about 3 of those hours, there was one person on the server advertising his own discord every single time a new player joined the server, and not once was he muted or kicked.

As an ex bhop admin... I understand where you a coming from because I had a hard time getting the other admins on the server back in the days, Easy fix would be just to encourage regular respectful players like yourself to apply for admin and Im sure you will get accepted since there is a lack of staff for this server.

Second there is simply a lack of plugins, now there may be a multitude of reasons as to why these are not here, and if there is a valid reason please let me know. But there are some very simple commands that just aren't there, which are absolutely needed for a bhop server. First and foremost, noclip - I have absolutely no idea as to why this isn't on the server, it is probably the most important command for bhop servers, in terms of routing. The second goes hand in hand with noclip and that is any sort of checkpoint system. Checkpoint plugins are also essential towards routing a map.

Im going to +1 this suggestion.... I would love to see noclip on the server so players can suss the course out first before they go tits deep into it.

Lastly, the lack of anti cheat. I know for a fact I could get on the server with any private strafe optimizer, and the anti cheat most definitely wouldn't catch me. This may cost money, or it might not be a priority to some, but when you are trying to top the record list, and you see random people at the top, that have global world records, it just ruins your want to play more.

Anti cheat is not an issue... Well not for normal players to know about. We are able to detect a "Private Strafe Optimizer" with ease. No need to stress with this one :)

'Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.'  — Bill Nye

8 hours ago, Naga said:

Easy fix would be just to encourage regular respectful players like yourself to apply for admin and Im sure you will get accepted since there is a lack of staff for this server.

I would for sure do this, but doubt many people know me and would rep me etc.

8 hours ago, Naga said:

Im going to +1 this suggestion.... I would love to see noclip on the server so players can suss the course out first before they go tits deep into it.

Anti cheat is not an issue... Well not for normal players to know about. We are able to detect a "Private Strafe Optimizer" with ease. No need to stress with this one :)

Thank you :)

• 5 years later...

+Rep, maybe look at putting an Admin App in, you never know 😉.

Sincerely,

ruthles_kila
Jump Server Manager