Mr_Merkhem99

Revamping SK

Mr_Merkhem99

As SK is back, myself and I'm sure many others would like to see it repopulated again. 😃
So I would like to hear the opinions and suggestions from both Veterans and Newer players or players who have never played.
Any Ideas of things to add/remove/change would sure help @skyprah, @BuLLee and the SK server to thrive once again!
Thanks you in advance for all suggestions. <3

james corden thank you GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Nosey

get more maps the american sng has some good ones that we don't

Shep <3

add Sky arena

ioutrankyou

remove grav

The Open Divide
14 hours ago, Shep <3 said:

add Sky arena

add skyarena to KZG surf, remove it completely from KZG SK

• Like 1

Shep <3
1 hour ago, The Open Divide said:

add skyarena to KZG surf, remove it completely from KZG SK

it aint a surf map 🤦‍♂️ 

i think its perfect for sk, open area in middle and bitchy spots in sides

The Open Divide
1 hour ago, Shep <3 said:

it aint a surf map 🤦‍♂️ 

i think its perfect for sk, open area in middle and bitchy spots in sides

And yet everyone treated it like a surf map huh?

The rounds on that map almost always extended to full time limit and people would end up complaining if you killed them because "OMG stop killing me, i'm just trying to surf".

But hey, what do I know.. I only have 14 hours on the map with an amazing total of 700 kills.. big 50 kills per hour.

Or take gogurt who has the most kills on that map with 1100 in 30 hours.. big 37 per hour..

Shep <3
1 hour ago, The Open Divide said:

And yet everyone treated it like a surf map huh?

The rounds on that map almost always extended to full time limit and people would end up complaining if you killed them because "OMG stop killing me, i'm just trying to surf".

But hey, what do I know.. I only have 14 hours on the map with an amazing total of 700 kills.. big 50 kills per hour.

Or take gogurt who has the most kills on that map with 1100 in 30 hours.. big 37 per hour..

In my opinion thats what makes the map better, more open area. I can see how this can be annoying but thats what i enjoy about the map.

Sir Janus

if scoutz was good again i would return to kzg

Shep <3
23 minutes ago, Sir Janus said:

if scoutz was good again i would return to kzg

everyone would, its just about fixing the current problems and bringing the old community back.

skyprah
1 hour ago, Shep <3 said:

everyone would, its just about fixing the current problems and bringing the old community back.

Current problems? So far in this thread the "issue" is add more maps. Specifically add more maps which were removed by the scout staff team. And then yeah lets complain about adding a map in which people have the choice to vote or not. If majority dont vote for it then it doesnt get played but if it does get played I'm going to complain and say how shit the map is even though majority of people wanted to play it because I'm such a good admin.

Other than that what are issues. I tried to continue to develop the server over a year ago but was cock blocked by the staff team time after time. Didn't want change. Now you want change. Haha ironic.

Funny how some people think scouts should be just default scout maps like evo running vanilla settings. Unfortunately that gamemode has been dead since 1.6, the only reason the scout server was successful is because it took a different approach and attracted/retained players.

Please stop replying to this thread unless you have map suggestions. I'll do what I want with the server with no community input.

The Open Divide

Safe to say a overwhelming majority of the staff team approved of some sort of split game-mode between low gravity and normal gravity. Most of the active members of the SK community agreed however, the few that only wanted to bhop.. obviously only wanted to bhop and disagreed. Who knows how difficult it would be to do that, all I know is killing half of the people at the beginning by manually changing the gravity wasn't a solution. 

Also the maps that were suggested, sent to Bullee as videos and spread around - were all positively received but no idea where they disappeared to, the only map that was new was the space map which I manually found and switched it to last week or so. 

The most popular maps suddenly begun to crash every time (rats, all skylands versions), however i'm sure that's at because of CSGO updates..

Throwing knives were added, which were a slightly more balanced version of the old BH server 1 hit kill shitfest but people enjoyed them. Manual activation and no acknowledgement meant almost no one knew about it.

ioutrankyou

- relaxing scoutman https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1296187026&searchtext=relaxing+scoutsman

- Orbital station -https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1393315361&searchtext=orbital+station

-AWP_NS - could be convereted to scout? https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1323537874&searchtext=AWP_NS

- Aim_Scout  - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=452564492&searchtext=aim_scout

- Scouts Potato - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=763391418&searchtext=scouts+potato

- scout_dev - https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844025185&searchtext=scout_dev

I've always loved Warcraft Mod, especially using ultimates. I do know some ex Warcract Source modders from my days at sevensinsgaming(i would offcourse pay any freelancing costs). I was thinking a custom WCS mod with unlimited levels so people could race to be the highest.

So no normal skills, just 1 ultimate per race. They could be like (1 per race), these are just suggestions or examples but really only limited by imagination.

!drop - change your own gravity to super high. So U just quickly drop from the sky
!fly - Change your gravity so you quckly fly when u jump.
!machinegun -  fast shooting scout for 1-3 seconds
!Fulldamage through  walls 1-5 seconds
!Small smaller player models, larger head, smaller head larger body.
!perfect - 100% accuracy for 1-5seconds
!tank mode- slow movement more hp

As skyprah alluded to 800grav servers, since  warcraft is a similar old 1.6 style mod it might be a dud idea.

• Like 1

BuLLee
On 07/11/2018 at 3:23 PM, The Open Divide said:

Safe to say a overwhelming majority of the staff team approved of some sort of split game-mode between low gravity and normal gravity. Most of the active members of the SK community agreed however, the few that only wanted to bhop.. obviously only wanted to bhop and disagreed. Who knows how difficult it would be to do that, all I know is killing half of the people at the beginning by manually changing the gravity wasn't a solution. 

Also the maps that were suggested, sent to Bullee as videos and spread around - were all positively received but no idea where they disappeared to, the only map that was new was the space map which I manually found and switched it to last week or so. 

The most popular maps suddenly begun to crash every time (rats, all skylands versions), however i'm sure that's at because of CSGO updates..

Throwing knives were added, which were a slightly more balanced version of the old BH server 1 hit kill shitfest but people enjoyed them. Manual activation and no acknowledgement meant almost no one knew about it.

to some extent I agree to this. sky does put a lot of effort and has other servers to take care of,  a long time ago a couple of senior staff  went rouge and affected some plans i wanted to work on with sk, put ideas and plans in asana and collected votes for maps but nothing happened because of that. frankly, awp server took over a little as well adding to the mixture. things are a little back to normal now maybe we can work on them again. no excuses.

But @skyprah I really think you should listen to veteran players enough with opinions from players who joined the game recently playing on fortnite in parallel with cs  I respect everyone sopinion but lets be honest some of those opinions would last a short term only. I've played cs since year 2000 thats almost 18 years today, players like larko and korean also have some very good input and ideas.

Iin conclusion  think player skins, fortnite forts, bullshit maps and bets will not do much. I am confident that introducing one map at a time gives it more value and players will be more interested in playing with them, for example having 4 maps introduced at once is a really bad idea its like having 4 girls crush on you and you keep jumping around between them until they all leave you because you aint decisive. stick to one at a time and that works out better ya learn to like it.

To keep:
-weapon skins & knives
-1v1 noscopes (bring back the music! with an option to tunn it off for players)
-!jackpot
-Gravity
-throwing knives (received good feedback from players)

To exterminate:
-certain maps (can be discussed later)
-player skins
-any other modes or future plans for modes

to add:

-if we have a bunch of good maps to explore, we induce one map at a time every 6-8 weeks while circulating unpopular maps, in other words putting those on a shelf until their cycles come back
-if possible, a server like drakulas (which shut down I believe) plain old scoutzknivez map with no grav for the older and newer cs players hiding in the cs community beyond the kzg community. many players want to just play sk for aim not auto hopping. I am happy to invest financially in this idea as it will combine more players outside of kzg which used to play on draculas server and beyond.

sk is simple, doesnt need decorations, the less the better unlike other servers. if you folks didnt notice, but popular maps crashing with cs updates and a heap of other maps added which were not as popular diverted players including my self if I am being honest, needed a quick replenishment of the more popular maps but that didnt happen.

If we give my ideas a try, I am confident it will work out fine, and as for a one map server with 800 grav, I am prepared to finance that as convenient as possible.

Edited by BuLLee
  • Like 1