SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

[SKILL SURF] stratex's Abuse Report

JonnyBoy_

RYour In-Game Name: JonnyBoy
Your Steam_ID: STEAM_0:0:58101982

Their In-Game: stratex
Their Steam_ID: STEAM_0:0:52912303

Reason(s): In the past, stratex had muted a person for spamming music through his mic after being told to stop. However, he muted another player as well for nothing. I asked why he did it and he did not respond. He then banned me for 1 week because I apparently mic spammed when I was merely having a discussion with another user on the server we were on.
After I joined back from being banned I started getting to know people again. When there were no admins online, I played a song through my stereo. All the players enjoyed it, they started requesting me to play more songs and nobody complained about it whatsoever. Stratex joined and around 1 minute into me playing music after he joined, he muted me for half an hour without warning me or telling me to stop.
After muting me, he then proceeded to threaten to ban me again but for double the original amount of time, so for 2 weeks. This made me realize that stratex did know about the ban and banned me for no reason on purpose. He then afterward mentioned the YouTube video I made for fun on my channel which was the same video I used as evidence for my ban APPEAL.

Another player thought that I was muted automatically and told me that I could potentially rejoin the server to evade this mute. I told him I couldn't and that the mute would stay, following this, he was muted by stratex for 15 minutes without letting the player say no to being muted. The player that was muted for 15 minutes was named Rouge.

I didn't make a ban report after the false ban because I thought that stratex wouldn't do anything bad like this again. I thought it was potentially a mistake made by stratex. It turns out that I was wrong.
From my perspective, stratex has been a continuous admin abuser, muting innocent people who did nothing wrong such as random players casually talking and myself. I hope something can be done about him and I hope that in the future he won't do anything like this ever again.

(Sorry to tell you all, but the day after writing this, stratex has yet again muted me for an hour while singing with a music vote. My mate was also muted while playing the guitar, but his mute was shortly revoked and stratex left the server while I was still muted.  I believe stratex is targetting me every time he enters the server as this is the 4th time something has happened to me for no reason because of stratex.)

Proof / Evidence / Witnesses: DISCLAIMER: The videos that are my evidence for this report are made for comedy purposes which explains the humor throughout the videos and the subtitles in the first video, but the things that stratex did to me and the other people were absolutely not comedic.
The evidence of stratex muting the other player for no reason can be found on this video. You can also see me getting banned by stratex at the end of the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCf0exE_z5Y
The evidence of stratex muting the other player as well as muting me without warning me can be found in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Feh_268l1Ug
The witnesses are shown within these videos, but their names are:
Rouge
Calis
LIL SNEK
Bonk
Marcsman

Im unlucky

Swan Ronson

Ron Swanson

S1

Wilco || ProGrade

Bolbaglen

Cheesy

Edited by JonnyBoy_

Stratex is one of the boys, doubt he would go out of his way to abuse powers

'Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.'  — Bill Nye

10 minutes ago, Naga said:

Stratex is one of the boys, doubt he would go out of his way to abuse powers

The evidence is there. All I am stating is what I have experienced. He muted me for singing when a music vote had succeeded in that round today after revoking a mute from the other person performing and then disconnected, leaving me potentially muted for an hour. Luckily another staff member found out about my mute and unmuted me.

Edited by JonnyBoy_

From memory this was the mutes weren't sticking. So you were probably muted then next map were unmuted. You probably refused to stop talking as per you should of been muted. Therefore resulting in a ban which I remember approving to ban players who refused to stay muted while the mutes were broken.

4 minutes ago, skyprah said:

From memory this was the mutes weren't sticking. So you were probably muted then next map were unmuted. You probably refused to stop talking as per you should of been muted. Therefore resulting in a ban which I remember approving to ban players who refused to stay muted while the mutes were broken.

I was never muted for micspam prior to being banned the first time. I hadn't done anything like that, the first video shows that I was not mic spamming but, in fact, talking to another player around 10mins into the next round or possibly longer. Oh, one thing I missed was that before the map changed, I wasn't told to stop talking by anyone.

Edited by JonnyBoy_

Unfortunately the short video doesn't take into account what I said. Past, previous mutes. You were possibly supposed to be muted as it was around the same time as the video where mutes would only last til the end of the map.

2 minutes ago, skyprah said:

Unfortunately the short video doesn't take into account what I said. Past, previous mutes. You were possibly supposed to be muted as it was around the same time as the video where mutes would only last til the end of the map.

Ok, but that doesn't justify why he muted me for half an hour without warning me to stop when I was playing music without staff members being online at the time. Then muting another player that didn't even provoke stratex to mute him.

Edited by JonnyBoy_

Hi JonnyBoy,

As per your 1-week ban, I do not recall all the events which occurred prior to your ban (earlier than in your video), however, I do recall issues with my SourceBans not sticking and therefore, mute evasion being possible. The length of the ban was excessive, I will admit, but I would never act with prejudice toward anybody. I do apologize for the length of your original ban.

Onto later bans, mic/chat spam is not allowed on the server without a music vote. The time I joined to you spamming what seemed like static was unacceptable. I muted you instantly as from what I heard, it was not music you were playing, nor did everyone want it - as was shown by the player replying as such. Rouge was subsequently muted for a short period of time (15 minutes) due to encouraging mute evasion. Even though this did not directly influence you to do so, mute evasion is a breach of the rules.

My comment about banning you for 2-weeks was a retort to the short video you made of me banning you which was very cherry-picked to show a small portion of the situation. I was never going to ban you for 2-weeks as shown by the fact I did not ban you at all. 

Finally, your 30 minute mute was based on a report I had using !calladmin. I assumed no admins were online and I did join to you and someone else playing music. This was a mistake and I believe it was handled after I had left. 

12 minutes ago, stratex said:

Hi JonnyBoy,

As per your 1-week ban, I do not recall all the events which occurred prior to your ban (earlier than in your video), however, I do recall issues with my SourceBans not sticking and therefore, mute evasion being possible. The length of the ban was excessive, I will admit, but I would never act with prejudice toward anybody. I do apologize for the length of your original ban.

Onto later bans, mic/chat spam is not allowed on the server without a music vote. The time I joined to you spamming what seemed like static was unacceptable. I muted you instantly as from what I heard, it was not music you were playing, nor did everyone want it - as was shown by the player replying as such. Rouge was subsequently muted for a short period of time (15 minutes) due to encouraging mute evasion. Even though this did not directly influence you to do so, mute evasion is a breach of the rules.

My comment about banning you for 2-weeks was a retort to the short video you made of me banning you which was very cherry-picked to show a small portion of the situation. I was never going to ban you for 2-weeks as shown by the fact I did not ban you at all. 

Finally, your 30 minute mute was based on a report I had using !calladmin. I assumed no admins were online and I did join to you and someone else playing music. This was a mistake and I believe it was handled after I had left. 

Hey, stratex, I fully understand the reason you would have banned me, and I am fine now that it is over. You're response to the mute involving me and the other player is understandable.

However, the only person who was displeased with the music was Psycho and he didn't ask me to stop playing the music once. He showed his pleasure of me being muted only AFTER you had muted me. I can understand that you muted me because it sounded like static to you, but you should have asked me to stop and I would have at any point that you could've asked. And Rouge (the player that was muted for 15 minutes) believed that the mute was unfair as he believed the mute was automatic. In fact, multiple people believed that the mute was automated. He was trying to help me because he believed it was the right thing to do as he believed it to be automated. He even stated many times when you were on that he believed that it was automated (among the other players) but you did not respond to the other statement, but you did respond to other things such as whatever you did outside of the server.

Did you hear Rouge mention the automated messages, or did you not hear it?

Edited by JonnyBoy_

I understand that your friend thought it was undeserved for obvious reasons. I also can understand why some people may enjoy the music through your mic, however, as there was no music vote (the music vote plugin was broken), I muted you. I will ask you next time, but as a repeat offender with 41 Comm bans, you should already know what is acceptable and what is not. 

I am not sure what you mean by the automated messages?

52 minutes ago, stratex said:

I am not sure what you mean by the automated messages?

I mean like the automatic mute command. He thought it wasn't an admin that muted me.

On 06/11/2018 at 3:57 PM, Shep <3 said:

Jesus, for a second I thought it meant banned from the server. But still, that is a lot of mutes bans, gags and silences to get. Damn, didn't realize I had had so many in the past. 

But yeah, I think that this report is finished. It should be declined. Thank you everyone for helping clear up this situation. :)

• .deX locked this topic