SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

[SKILL] Obi's Administrator Application

Obi_

Steam Account Name:  Obi
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:35079796

Sex: Male

Desciption of Myself: I'm a child in an adults body most of the time, father to 2 kids with custody of only one. I've been surfing for several years now and been working in management for approximately 3 years. Currently now studying for a career change into IT networking and AWS sys admin.

I started gaming in about '97 when my grandparents brought home an Atari, and i've been hooked ever since! I also enjoy Rugby, go the blue in origin! I play multiple musical instruments and i'm addicted to gym now!

Qualities I bring to Killzone Gaming  I'm a fairly relaxed dude and don't talk most of the time unless I have something to say, but Being a father I have a thick skin and can be very patient with people, while also knowing when enough is enough. 

Fun and enjoyment on the server is my first priority and maintaining the peace and rules ensures that.

I Have no experience with administrating servers but with my experience in real life from working since I was 14 and working in upper management I have great communication skills as well as the knowledge to defuse tense situations either by written feedback or face to face. 

Why I Deserve to be Part of Killzine Gaming:  I've been a loyal KZG patron since I found the server, I've always been respectful to everyone and made friends with the higher end of users as well as some admin. I'm not applying for this position just to flex that i'm admin, I enjoy helping new and old members if i'm able to, and while I sometimes play in the early mornings while most are either sleeping or getting ready for work, i'd like to be able to help enforce the rules and give anyone the help only an admin can give.

Play-Time on Server Group:  2 days 00:57:20 hours
Times Usually Played on Server Group:  I generally play between 8pm and 12am or 8am to around 3pm AEDT.

Vouching Staff on Server Group:  
Vouching Players:  s1lv3r, DubbzFX

Have Read Server Group Rules:  Yes
Have Met Server Group and Application Requirements:  Yes
Have working Microphone:  Yes

Edited by Obi_
Added information

Having problems in life and need to let it out? Send me a DM, I'm always available to listen! You're not alone! #KickOn

hey dawg, you seem like a very honest dude and i like that. You definately have experience around communities and the internet in general (age: 28).

But you should have thought about this application more thoroughly. It seems that you've already took "some" strides at connecting with people and thats important. But what's more important is having a far reaching relationship's with staff/veterans of the community.

This gives you the edge as it makes you seem like a more reliable/trust-worthy individual. Your play time is also a little "average" so you should definately work on it some more. <- joke btw

But all and all this is the opinion of a suspended individual, so take it lightly.  Wish you the best

Spoiler

Neutral

:fast_parrot:

Edited by sown

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. ~Karl Marx

76561198264114017.png

Can attest to Obi being a long time surfer , is a chill guy who is easy to get along with , always fun to talk with and he is old like me :P

Best of luck ma dude!

+1

Edited by .deX

Thank you for the kind words :)

Having problems in life and need to let it out? Send me a DM, I'm always available to listen! You're not alone! #KickOn

+1 really good guy and was really good when I hopped on the skill surf server :)

Best of luck 

Edited by Twipel

Just like to comment that this is a GAMING server not a company. Our goal is to create an enjoyable environment in our servers. Your application gives off a strict-rule enforcing no-fun vibe. More detail about WHO you are and what makes you stand out based on what you do IN our servers will be helpful. Just some feedback.

• Like 2
As I become more present now, I can't see through the pain. A hollow cut through my veins. Scars and a Phantom Pain

3 hours ago, Sorrow said:

Just like to comment that this is a GAMING server not a company. Our goal is to create an enjoyable environment in our servers. Your application gives off a strict-rule enforcing no-fun vibe. More detail about WHO you are and what makes you stand out based on what you do IN our servers will be helpful. Just some feedback.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll edit my post shortly when I have some time. I guess I was just taking it a little literal as the position being a staff member of the server regarding administration. I am rule oriented but I don't set out to ruin fun or be over forceful with rules. 

ACCEPTED - Please private message me on the forums

As I become more present now, I can't see through the pain. A hollow cut through my veins. Scars and a Phantom Pain

• Sorrow locked this topic