SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Cptn Spankmier's Unban Appeal

spankmier

Steam Account Name: Cptn Spankmier
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:4832933

Server Group: AIM 
Server:  1v1 Arenas

Date / Time of Ban: 01-09-19 16:55

Admin that Punished You: CONSOLE

Reason for Ban: [SourceSleuth] Duplicate account

Why I should be unbanned / unmuted: This is my sole and only account, I play several KZG servers regularly and as of today started receiving this ban on attempting to connect to any (a few retakes and my most common, the 1v1 Arena server).

Several people have said this is a false negative and i'm wondering if its true. Can people really be banned like this on accident?

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. ~Karl Marx

76561198264114017.png

I have no idea, depends why I was banned for a dupe account... Either something screwed up with the script and I gave a false positive or someone is spoofing my Steam account. I'm really hoping it's not the former ?

My only though is that I have started using a VPN recently, perhaps I disconnected/connected during a game and my IP change caused the ban. There'll be info in the server logs that the admins will look at, I'm sure :)

Edited by spankmier
Additional info

10 hours ago, spankmier said:

Why I should be unbanned / unmuted: This is my sole and only account, I play several KZG servers regularly and as of today started receiving this ban on attempting to connect to any (a few retakes and my most common, the 1v1 Arena server).

Hey @Spankmier are you using a VPN by any chance?

Also here is the other accounts that come in under the IP you used when you got banned;

was - https://steamcommunity.com/id/kingswood__/

Note: It looks like your IP is a VPN? or well a Server Host Company.

Yours Truly,

My Name is Tito
Management
| Killzone Gaming

Thanks for the reply, Tito.

I am indeed using a VPN, I recently started using NORD and it varies whether I'm connected to it while playing depending on if it causes lag/packet loss. I'm experiencing the ban when unconnected though, does the ban apply to the Steam account or to IP? Any chance it can be removed from my Steam ID and left on the duper's account?

Cheers!

Hello? Any chance of an unban on my account, or am I screwed because I used a VPN? ?

Edited by spankmier

53 minutes ago, spankmier said:

Hello? Any chance of an unban on my account, or am I screwed because I used a VPN? ?

no just be patient, executives will research the evidence after they get around to it. I'm learning just as much as you are, there can be false negatives for sure.

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. ~Karl Marx

76561198264114017.png

On 11/01/2019 at 5:27 PM, Kingswood said:

Why is my acc linked to this?

Do you also use a VPN? I presume we both exited our VPN connection at the same node and it triggered the duplicate account detection... I didn't realise that these servers dodn't allow connection from the same IP, given the amount of people who play CS with housemates etc.

No idea how to avoid this in future, given eventually I'll forget to disconnect the VPN when I play... Presuming my account is unbanned ?

On 13/01/2019 at 11:00 AM, spankmier said:

Do you also use a VPN? I presume we both exited our VPN connection at the same node and it triggered the duplicate account detection... I didn't realise that these servers dodn't allow connection from the same IP, given the amount of people who play CS with housemates etc.

No idea how to avoid this in future, given eventually I'll forget to disconnect the VPN when I play... Presuming my account is unbanned ?

King uses the same vpn as you and is banned from kzg servers with that ip so when u connected to the server with the same ip as kings old vpn u got banned for ban evading

just clearing this up for people

I love u hun <3

719991_101.png

77A90CAD-6A70-4A90-9481-B66F65FF26CF.gif

Makes sense, thanks Haru ?

So, how long does this investigation take? I'd love to be able to use KZG servers for warm up again!

IP registered as VPS, and was playing well before the original ban consistently. No link that I could find between the original banned account and this one.

Accepted.

• panthA locked this topic