SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Demos

sown

Hey, just asking if or when demos will be added again. They help a ton with "unban" disputes and could also be used as a form of media production. I know they require alot of memory but they shouldn't last long (2-3 days maybe?). I don't know if they'd be required on all servers but definitely more staff intensive ones. Although we have chat logs, alot can be said on the mic and also "in action" eg: Jailbreak. It is also important to have demos in an under-staffed server, that way the average and honest player could have a liable source to track misdemeanors

If demos do comeback i hope that they're advertised in server chat, as it would be benefitial for members to record their own cases and disputes instead of staff downloading to review the information. Demos should be used as a tool for the playerbase to get awesome clips and real evidence of staff and playerbased crime.

Edited by sown

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. ~Karl Marx

76561198264114017.png

Unfortunately, it's not just as simple as that. From what I understand, using these plugins are extremely intensive on the server box and can cause a lot of regular stutters especially when they are writing the demo. You can imagine on a server like surf, where your every movement is critical and even the smallest upset can ruin several minutes or potentially hours of runs would result in a terrible experience for the rest of the community. Staff members are currently required to record demos before manual bans and any member of our community that requests bans are required to have evidence for a manual ban. 

Majority of our unban appeals are from a range of automated bans and our anticheat, most of which are extremely accurate but not infallible.

sky might be actually working on something like that mate. but to be honest, if a group of admins are having a discussion about a possible hacke or a repetitive troll and a few admins witnessed it a recordings is not always a primary source therefore requesting to see a recording is a bit unrelated as that's usually used to show other admins and higher staff to confirm an action.
In case there is someone abusing or hacking, we have a lot of loyal players who record for us or report to us, if no admins are on get admins from outside that server to have a look and a spec, you can always add me if you like I am on every day amongst other daily admins. doesnt only go towards players but admins too if you feel an admin is misusing his powers record them or report them to a higher admin too!
always report abusers of all sorts to us, just because we are not there at a certain moment doesnt mean we won't take care of a player :)

Disregard Females, Acquire Currency

I agree with everything BuLLee and pantha said :). If you find someone who you think is suspicious or abusing player/ abusing their perms do not say it in team chat just record a demo manually if no admins are on, then post it on forums. Don’t see why there’s any need to make demos for every player, every round. 

Just incase you ever wanted to chuck down a quick recording yourself or need to let any of your friends know how to record demos we have created a quick tutorial. Its actually quite simple for anyone.

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search