SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Grimax's Unban Appeal

Grimax

Steam Account Name: Grimax
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:75978669

Server Group: SKILL 
Server:  Hard

Date / Time of Ban: 01-13-19 09:37

Admin that Punished You: CONSOLE (Autoban)

Reason for Ban: [SourceSleuth] Duplicate account (Initially connected on my alt after playing a comp with friends and felt like a surf, auto banned on connection. Then tried to connect on my main and the same thing happened)

Why I should be unbanned / unmuted: 2 accounts auto banned tonight but I was playing last night with no issues. After a lengthy conversation with Dex about why this could be we still can't get to the bottom of why, I have been a good member of the community since getting back into surf a few months or so ago and my comms logs reflect that. If there is an issue in lifting the ban please contact me https://steamcommunity.com/id/grimax . Hoping this was just because I connected on my other account which of course is on the same IP but I wasn't aware that doing that was a permanent ban worthy offence?

Hey Grimax,
Have you ever been banned before on KZG apart from your 2 auto-banned accounts?

Thank you.

- nysm -

- MG | Combat surf | Jailbreak -

- Jailbreak Staff -

- 76561198204235404 -

VFXEW7G.png

The console will ban you if you're using a VPN. Please re-assure the IP addresses you logged into with the accounts. There can be false negatives with the automated ban system, just hold tight until an executive addresses the problem.

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. ~Karl Marx

76561198264114017.png

1 hour ago, sown said:

The console will ban you if you're using a VPN. Please re-assure the IP addresses you logged into with the accounts. There can be false negatives with the automated ban system, just hold tight until an executive addresses the problem.

Using a VPN does not result in an autoban.

- nysm -

- MG | Combat surf | Jailbreak -

- Jailbreak Staff -

- 76561198204235404 -

VFXEW7G.png

The only conclusions I could come to is that either someone in his house was banned previously (if so sourcebans would of autobanned long ago but he was surfing last night with no issues) or he used a vpn that used a banned IP but both have been denied and I believe him.

@Community Director if someone could look into this it would be greatly apreciated :)

Edited by .deX

1 hour ago, nysm said:

Hey Grimax,
Have you ever been banned before on KZG apart from your 2 auto-banned accounts?

Thank you.

No, I have only ever owned these two steam accounts

55 minutes ago, nysm said:

so you wouldn't know anything about these?

psqlcus.png

XBOQp7B.png

Are these from the same IP? I have a sibling who plays cs but when I asked he said he hadn't heard of kzg 

I may have mis-interpreted a previous situation that led me to believe VPN's were an auto ban. It's okay, just sit tight until a community director sorts this problem out. I believe @My Name is Tito has experience in this sort of outcome. 

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. ~Karl Marx

76561198264114017.png

23 minutes ago, sown said:

I may have mis-interpreted a previous situation that led me to believe VPN's were an auto ban. It's okay, just sit tight until a community director sorts this problem out. I believe @My Name is Tito has experience in this sort of outcome. 

Happy to wait. Thankyou for your help sown, nysm, dex.

4 hours ago, Bismuth said:

What do you mean?

He means why would the autobans only go into effect now if those 2 above bans that nysm posted where related to him.

• panthA locked this topic