SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

Feedback from players who can surf on the hard maps

Bl@ñk (Bl@storious)

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if we can get feedback from players who play on harder maps. This would be tier 3, tier 4 and so on. 

Alot of players look up to you and wonder if it's even possible to get so good. Can you give us all the inside scoop on how long it took to be able to surf on a hard map?

How many hours did you spend surfing? How many times did you have to repeat the map until you were able to finish it? Can you give pointers on how to surf better? These are just a few questions I'm sure we would all like feedback on. This would be appreciated.

Technician by trade, gamer by night...

76561197974420008.png

7 hours ago, S1nap5e said:

Surf_legendary - more than a lifetime

Tip: become butter

Thanks S1nap5e , do you mean we should be butter so we can slide off the ramp a lot smoother? Do you have any tips for players who can't surf the hard maps?

76561197974420008.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/02/2019 at 2:27 AM, ratmilk said:

In not sure if this will help but here ya go:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=710182259

Im not good at all im average but try and learn the ways to maintain speed not gain it. Thats where most ppl get stuck on cuz they get speed then lose it immediately. glhf

Thank you, this helped a lot. There a few key binds I didn't know. I'd also like to try the +strafe although I don't know how that will help yet. Thank you for the input Ratmilk

On 10/02/2019 at 8:48 AM, zuelhs said:

be smooth

All this time i wasn't being smooth. Thank you all my problems are gone.

76561197974420008.png

4 hours ago, zuelhs said:

Your welcome, i dm'ed you my paypal

The message has been lost before delivery :D

Thanks to all for your feedback, please keep it coming. I'm sure there are others out there that are wanting any pointers from the more advanced players.

76561197974420008.png

Haha. Here's a few tips anyways:

• Make sure you try and attempt the map regardless if you like it or not. 
  • If you're having trouble, watch either the map record replay or a higher ranking player (YouTube works too i guess).
  • If you don't get a certain part of the map, ask someone. Majority of players will help out.
  • When playing a map, make a goal to achieve (Beating a certain stage or pb, etc.).
  • Lastly, make sure you having fun while playing surf. Grinding is fun and all but don't burn yourself out.

I don't play much these days, but hope these helped.

On 23/01/2019 at 9:08 PM, Bl@ñk (Bl@storious) said:

How many hours did you spend surfing? 

Personally used to play about 4-5 hours a day, please don't do what i did.

On 23/01/2019 at 9:08 PM, Bl@ñk (Bl@storious) said:

How many times did you have to repeat the map until you were able to finish it?

I generally dont like to grind out a certain map. Memorising and surfing the same map won't teach you anything.

Alot of us high tier surfers have been surfing for years, it's not something thats happened overnight. Motivation and hard work have got us where we are today, believe it or not we too started at tier 1's and 2's. So don't get yourself down because "You aren't good enough", you get out what you put in so work for those ranks or pb's. Everything takes time, so enjoy surf for what it is and challenge yourself.

• My Name is Tito locked this topic