Steam Account Name: .crybaby✨
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:453373621

Alternate Accounts: NONE

Server Group: COMBAT 
Server:  Retake

Date / Time of Ban: 02-12-19 02:17

Admin that Punished You: CONSOLE

Reason for Ban: SMAC 0.8.6.0: AutoTrigger Detection: BunnyHop

Why I should be unbanned / unmuted: I admit to scripting and I apologize. I understand it does not excuse my actions but this was a one time thing. I joined an empty server to try it out and then I was going to uninstall it, I was just messing around and made a mistake. I love KZG and would never cheat to win, I just didn't know what else to join to try out the script. I now have it uninstalled and I regret my actions. I love KZG, I play retakes all the time. Thank you for your time, I hope my ban gets appealed and you understand or give me a second chance. :)

panthA

Hey Crybaby,

There are 3 basic types of Bhop cheating:

1. Bhop Scripting (Auto hotkey spamming +jump when a specific key is pressed)
  2. Bhop macro (Razer synapse spamming +jump at specific intervals constantly)
  3. Bhop hack/cheat (sends +jump command at the earliest tick available when you hit the ground)

The last of which triggers a SMAC Auto bunnyhop ban after (by default) roughly 20 detection's shown by these lines of code:

// Player jumped on the exact frame that allowed it. 

if (fCheckTime[client] > 0.0 && fGameTime > fCheckTime[client])
{
AutoTrigger_Detected(client, METHOD_BUNNYHOP);
}

The last of these is what you were detected for. This cannot be triggered by a script, +jump macro but has to be triggered by an actual cheat injected into the client. The problem now lies with this: these cheats are very rarely by themselves but are bundled in with multi-hacks. How do we tell that you were just using the bhop component of the cheats and not also using a wallhack, aimbot, anti-aim etc. We can't. Considering that this requires injection, this is considered a cheat. Valve also agrees and VAC bans users who use these types of cheats similarly to us but does not for the other 2 infractions.

Based on this and no real evidence or reason for you to be unbanned, your appeal is denied.