SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

castr0's Unban Appeal

castro

Steam Account Name: castr0
Steam ID: STEAM_76561198141700546

Alternate Accounts: STEAM_

Server Group: COMBAT 
Server:  Retake

Date / Time of Ban: No clue

Admin that Punished You: No clue

Reason for Ban: I don't exactly know why I have not played counter strike in a long time and when I went to join your server it said I was banned. The most logical reason that I can think of would be for being toxic

Why I should be unbanned / unmuted: Because I have feel as though I was probably just being stupid and trying to act cool, I will not break any rules ever again and will promise to not be toxic.

Hey Castr0,

Unfortunately you weren't banned for being toxic but for cheating, most specifically for "SMAC 0.8.6.0: AutoTrigger Detection: BunnyHop". You can review the original ban here.

There are 3 basic types of Bhop cheating:

• Bhop Scripting (Autohotkey spamming +jump when a specific key is pressed)
  • Bhop macro (Razer synapse spamming +jump at specific intervals constantly)
  • Bhop hack/cheat (sends +jump command at the earliest tick available when you hit the ground)

The last of which triggers a SMAC Autobunnyhop ban after (by default) roughly 20 detections. This is shown by these lines of code:

// Player jumped on the exact frame that allowed it.
if (fCheckTime[client] > 0.0 && fGameTime > fCheckTime[client])
{
AutoTrigger_Detected(client, METHOD_BUNNYHOP);
}

The last of these is what you were detected for. This cannot be triggered by a script, +jump macro but has to be triggered by an actual cheat injected into the client. The problem now lies with this: these cheats are very rarely by themselves but are bundled in with multi-hacks. How do we tell that you were just using the bhop component of the cheats and not also using a wallhack, aimbot, anti-aim etc. We can't. Considering that this requires injection, this is considered a cheat. Valve also agrees and VAC bans users who use these types of cheats similarly to us but does not for the other 2 infractions.

Based on this and no real evidence or reason for you to be unbanned, your appeal is denied.

• panthA locked this topic