SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

[SKILL] Skoll's Moderator Application

Skoll

Steam Account Name:  Skoll
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:8794004

Sex: Male

Desciption of Myself: Old warsurf player from Source, started playing surf in CS:S in 2006/2007 and stopped for years, I only started playing GO properly in the last few years and have been playing a lot more surf recently. I work in media / journalism and spend a lot of time playing CS / Rocket League (a lot less RL after being deftly scammed for most of my valuable items). I have worked as a moderator on a forum, specifically fighunter.com ( which you will have to view on waybackmachine; we boasted maybe 4000 'active' members at peak times over the years, but never really had more than 30 people regularly in the chatrooms except around the times of new games being released) and I have also been an admin on a CS:S surf server back in the day (2008-2009)
I have been known to play a heap of different games but I'm in between contracts at the moment and have less money to spend on new shiny things and more time to spend on games with longevity like surf, and I've become addicted to besting my own times and clawing my way up the rankings.

Qualities I bring to Killzone Gaming  I'm pretty relaxed most of the time, and I don't like to hold grudges. I can have a firm discussion with someone one day and not hold it against them the next. I have a firm sense of justice and I prefer to examine the intent behind something that occurs. I have experience moderating the behaviour of a large group of people of diverse backgrounds and ages and I know how to represent a brand in the public sphere.
Since rejoining the surf community in GO I've basically exclusively used KZG servers to play skill surf and I really like seeing certain members of the community around, there is a rapport between people here I really envied and it's made me like the server a lot. That being said there's some poor behaviour that goes on and I'd like to reduce that but adding to the presence of the admin team on the server.

Why I Deserve to be Part of Killzine Gaming:  I think I have personal qualities befitting someone in a mod position, I have experience and I think I would make a good candidate.

Play-Time on Server Group:  7 days 50 hours
Times Usually Played on Server Group:  I usually do not play on weekends.
During the week -
Occasionally: Anytime from 10am - 5pm (especially as I'm between contracts at the moment)
Regularly: 10pm - 12pm (can vary, as I can be on until much later)

Vouching Staff on Server Group:  
Vouching Players:  Bque23, BenjiPK, Gyra

Have Read Server Group Rules:  Yes
Have Met Server Group and Application Requirements:  Yes
Have working Microphone:  Yes

Edited by Skoll

2 hours ago, Skoll said:

started playing surf in CS:S in 2006/2007

so did I. I started in about 2005 and had a clan going for over a year. I stopped playing in 2007. I surfed a lot when i wasn't doing clan matches. Welcome to KZG.

2 hours ago, Skoll said:

spend a lot of time playing CS / Rocket Leagu

same here but i haven't been able to play much RL lately as i felt i had spent so much on the game already and now they wanted me to pay even more.

Great application and good luck.

Technician by trade, gamer by night...

76561197974420008.png

• 3 months later...

This application is being left open, we are hoping to see you playing more on the servers.

Technician by trade, gamer by night...

76561197974420008.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am sorry to inform you that your Skill Surf Moderator Application has been denied.

Your Application was voted on by the Skill Surf Staff Team at our most recent meeting.

DENIED. 

Yours Truly,

My Name is Tito
Management
| Killzone Gaming

• My Name is Tito locked this topic