SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

[SKILL] ✦| Revolx |✦'s Administrator Application

✦| Revolx |✦

Steam Account Name:  ✦| Revolx |✦
Steam ID: 76561198142172658

Sex: Male

Desciption of Myself: My name is Revolx/Matt and I'm 22 years old and from New Zealand.

Gaming:
I have enjoyed gaming my whole life and have been playing CS:GO since early 2014 after a friend introduced me to it, may they regret doing that after seeing the amount of hours i have put into the game... Overall i have a total of over 6,000 hours which a few thousand has been put into community servers, mainly being Surf for the 98% of it. Other games through my time which i have played aren't all that special, Black Desert Online, GTA V, Rocket League, Minecraft back in the early 2012-2014 days, H1Z1 and multiple other games throughout the years.

Life:
I currently work as a casual employee doing Bar tending, which I've been doing for the past 3 years. It has taught me a lot about myself including self control, maturity, determination and holding my ground. I currently am working about twice a week, although will be looking into getting another job later this year.

Study:
Dropped out of school in year 10, was due to bullying which put me through a rough period of my life. This gave me depression and social anxiety although most people would not see it when you talk or interact with me. Guess i can hide it pretty well. Went through multiple courses, classes and programs to get some study into me. Found that i was not enjoying doing this as it was not specific enough for what challenged me as a person or overall what i enjoyed to do.

I went to the chancellor of the university requesting special entry to study, was under qualified to be in university due to dropping out at the age i did. I was allowed and accepted in via special entry with a certain terms and conditions. Through university i student Tourism Management and Innovation which covers things surrounding the tourism industry, from booking systems but more relating to topics of business structures and management. Was a course i enjoyed and let me learn a lot of skills to put into place for building myself as a human.

Qualities I bring to Killzone Gaming  Qualities of which i bring are things i have grown and developed over the years through life and experiences which i have encountered of which i can bring to the Staff team of KZG.
I have been an active member of the surfing community on and off since 2014 where i have grown a good knowledge of people within it, building friendships and improving my surfing from time to time. I have shown that i am a loyal person to the community with over 120 map completes and most in top 100 or group 1. Not everyone is a naturally good surfer and have had to acquire that. For me being apart of the surfing community for more than 5years it has let me get to know people and mostly know the admins, owners, staff team or the more loyal and active surfers. To someone who has been apart of the surfing community for many years with experience on surf and having a general understanding of the commands such as gag and mute, although not super familiar anymore with zoning/other commands. Although i do feel they wouldn't be hard for me to relearn if those cases were required.

I enforce the rules when need-be but remain as one of the members of the community who tries to get along with everyone where best possible.
Correctly muting, punishing and enforcing rules is something others may slip up on time to time. With the experience i have and the judgement of which i have seen i feel that i can best choose the correct enforcement where needed.

- Have Clear Communication - Able to defuse and better situations.
- Fast at Typing - Able to mute users who happen to mic-spam or break the rules quickly.
- Able to resolve conflicts easily
- Active and Aware of server activity and conversations occurring
- Experience (Noted below)

CSGO:
I have personally been lucky enough to staff multiple servers across CS:GO Surf while playing, including staffing for VG, ZTS and AusSurf of where each i was able to play apart of the team. Each server has allowed me to gain experience and knowledge to better my understanding of situations and knowledge of how to manage them as best as possible with the correct outcome.

Discord:
My Discord staffing comes at a large form of experience and has given me some great opportunities, i wont go into complete details with this but i have staffed for servers of between 5,000 - 150,000 members.
Have also staffed for other servers i have no listed below but that is due to no longer being staff within them for personally leaving due to other commitments at the time.

My current Discord Experience:
Am currently a Co-Owner in running a Coding Community which is Discord Verified Server with now over 14,300 users.
Am currently Managing/Developer for a Youtuber's Discord Community of 8,900 users.
Along with that am also moderating the Destiny Sub-Reddit Discord which has over 95,000 users.

If you would like more information regarding this can be obtained through Direct Message:
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Revolx/
Discord: Lê Dieu Revolx#0001

Other:
As apart of my job i have to manage a large group of people through bar tending while remaining calm to not disrupt or anger any of the clients. This is a skill which has come to me through experiences and allows me to better control a situation which can be stressful for some. While an issue is at presence, it is best to defuse the situation in a friendly manner and figure out what has happened in a fast time frame.

Why I Deserve to be Part of Killzine Gaming:   personally feel i deserve to be apart of the KZG Staff Team because i have a great amount of experience and knowledge which i could potentially bring to bettering the server as a whole where it may be needed. I have the activity and determination to provide the server with the best non toxic, mic spamming, raging members as possible while being able to be active in the times other staff may not be able to be online. With being apart of the surfing community for so long it has allowed me to know familiar faces (more or less names and pictures) and overall know how to assist new people to surfing.

Play-Time on Server Group:  10days 5hrs 30mins (Ingame) || 6 days 05:20:22 hours (Gameme)
Times Usually Played on Server Group:  Rough playtime as of currently on Skill Surf is 5-6pm NZT to anywhere up to 4am NZT but can vary. Mostly active throughout the high peak times of the server.

Vouching Staff on Server Group:  I have not asked or noted any staff to vouch for me. I believe it is fair to let them have their own say and opinion on my application if they choose to give it.
Vouching Players:  I have not asked or noted any member of the community to vouch for me.

Have Read Server Group Rules:  Yes
Have Met Server Group and Application Requirements:  Yes
Have working Microphone:  Yes

Edited by ✦| Revolx |✦

I'll be the first to respond then. Thank you for your application. This is the kind of effort we want to see in applications. I would've also liked to see a new app, not something you copied from your last application in December 2018. You did make some changes so thank you for that. I'm not sure why you got denied in 2018 but hopefully you get it this time round? Come say hi to me on the servers, it would be great to chat to you.

Technician by trade, gamer by night...

76561197974420008.png

Thanks for the application man. I haven't seen you on much, and when you have been on, you haven't been talking to much either. I see from @Bl@ñk (Bl@storious) response that you copy and pasted from an application back in 2018, which is okay since you made some changes. At the moment I'm going to say NEUTRAL and hopefully will see some of these things from you over the next couple of days:

- Using mic more

- Getting yourself out there to the community

- Being more involved in discord chats

- Helping new players on how to surf

With these few points being worked on, would love to see you apart of the team! 

Regards,

Cam

On 23/01/2020 at 7:05 AM, Bl@ñk (Bl@storious) said:

I'll be the first to respond then. Thank you for your application. This is the kind of effort we want to see in applications. I would've also liked to see a new app, not something you copied from your last application in December 2018. You did make some changes so thank you for that. I'm not sure why you got denied in 2018 but hopefully you get it this time round? Come say hi to me on the servers, it would be great to chat to you.

My application was not changed much due to the nature of effort put into it along with overall not needing to change much of the details as most of which still applies. I can see where you are coming from but i did not want to edit too much and was considering just asking for that application to be reopened. Feel free to add me on steam and i'm more than willing to have a chat or jump on any of the surf servers and just chill out for a bit. Let me know what suits you although a little busy over the next few nights with work.

15 hours ago, Cam said:

Thanks for the application man. I haven't seen you on much, and when you have been on, you haven't been talking to much either. I see from @Bl@ñk (Bl@storious) response that you copy and pasted from an application back in 2018, which is okay since you made some changes. At the moment I'm going to say NEUTRAL and hopefully will see some of these things from you over the next couple of days:

- Using mic more

- Getting yourself out there to the community

- Being more involved in discord chats

- Helping new players on how to surf

With these few points being worked on, would love to see you apart of the team! 

Regards,

Cam

Seek response above about the application/lack of changes. As well still applies to your comment. I do see where you are coming from with some of your points. I use my mic when i feel is needed, most of the time i tend to just stay quiet. Do note that using a mic doesn't mean you aren't active or overall required but i do talk from time to time. May seem that when you are on i may not be using my mic due to eating/background noise but i do use my mic later into the nights. With Discord related chats, there is only so much that happens in the KZG Discord to where adding any form of a reply becomes needed. If i see a topic or overall interest then i will gladly involve myself but when applying yourself to staff, this does not become a factor to cause issues. Helping new users on surf is something i do regularly and have guided a few users the basics over the past few days. I am mainly on Noob/Easy surf as of currently so I'm well knowledgeable in that side of things.

I will work on each of your points here and there, voice chat is easy to be done and frankly i use it more in the later hours of the night.
Appreciate your comments made and will take them into consideration although I've outlined above more why it may seem like i haven't.

Appreciate both of your comments and feedback. Look to improve from here on out :) 

Hey Champ!

Decent application, please get in touch with me when you're free :) 

Yours Truly,

My Name is Tito
Management
| Killzone Gaming

Hi,

I am pleased to inform you that your Skill Surf Moderator Application has been accepted.

Your Application was voted on by the Skill Surf Staff Team at our most recent meeting.

ACCEPTED!

Please check your dm's on discord. :)

Yours Truly,

My Name is Tito
Management
| Killzone Gaming

• My Name is Tito locked this topic