SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

[AIM] Tony Montana's Unban Appeal

Ancient_Tome

Steam Account Name: Tony Montana
Steam ID: STEAM_1:1:64559652

Alternate Accounts: NONE

Server Group: AIM 
Server:  1v1 Arenas

Reason for Ban: "Multi-Hack"

Admin that Punished You: skyprah

Reason for Ban: "Multi-Hack"

Why I should be unbanned / unmuted: It has been 988 days since I was banned from this server. 988 days... in this time, a spacecraft could have travelled between the Earth and the Moon nearly 330 times. In this time, the average rabbit would have been born in the wild, matured, lived a life full of both joy and hardship, and then would have died. When I was banned, there was no such thing as the iPhone X. When I was banned, it was a simpler time....

I was banned for using "Multi-Hack". I do not dispute this. At this time, I had been playing CS:GO for roughly three years and I was dissatisfied with my level of skill. I struggled to escape the Silver ranks in competitive matchmaking, and it was a rare occurence for me to ever reach Arena 1 in the 1v1 battles. So instead of training and putting more effort into improving my gameplay, I decided to take the shortcut and use a hacked client. While at first my cheating was discreet, in a moment of boredom I toggled all of the hacked client's features while on the Killzone Gaming Arena server. My character began to spin at rates comparable to the engine of a car, at the same time firing bullets that impossibly travelled directly into the heads of my enemies, regardless of whether or not they were in my line of sight. This rampage did not last long, however, and I was swiftly and rightfully banned by an administrator.

Now that we have established when and why I was banned from the server, the topic of why I should be unbanned arises. I have been banned for nearly three years. This is a length of time that many criminals serve in a prison. These people have committed crimes that have hurt people and their property, and caused chaos in society. My crime, using a hacked client to ruin the gameplay experience of a handful of other players, is clearly much less severe. However, my punishment has been equal in length. I find this problematic.

Additionally, I no longer cheat anymore. I know there is no way for me to prove this, but let me just say this: if I was cheating, I would certainly not be at the Silver 4 rank in competitive. In society, rehabilitation is seen as the best possible outcome for a criminal who has committed a crime. I have completely denounced the role of hacking in CS:GO, and this should be celebrated. The more cheaters that convert and repent for their sins, the better the CS:GO community becomes.

To summarise, I think it would be appropriate to remove my server ban because I have been banned for a such a long time, and because I no longer cheat anymore. Additionally, I would like to apologise to anyone I offended or hurt with my act of cheating, including the administrators whose time I wasted. I know what I did was cowardly and despicable. I would very much like to rejoin the community and be a positive and beneficial member. I am particuarly excited to play on the skill surf server. Once again thank you very much for taking the time to read this, and I hope you have a splendid day.

thats is a stonks fricking essay even using peel paragraphing holy shit. but i think that this man should be unbanned just for the essay holy shit.

• RetroViper locked this topic