SIGNING IN WITH STEAM IS CURRENTLY DISABLED. PLEASE CREATE A TICKET IN OUR DISCORD IF YOU CANNOT LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. ×

pls just hand over skill surf

haydenn

kzgs skill surf is the only big surf server run by a person that doesnt surf. I can think of two servers on csgo that compete with kzg in size, but the server is ignored. please just hand it over to someone that actually will run the server and that doesnt struggle on t4s. it is literally the only au server with people playing on but it is complete garbage.

+1 If there's no work being put into maintaining surf why keep it. The depth of the KZG surf database and size of the current surf community would probably fetch a decent price for the surf server if it was put up for sale. @skyprah

Edited by S1nap5e

What do you think the reason behind having staff is? I believe its to help run the server correct?

You also need to remember that this is a "non-profit organization" meaning we all have jobs/ lives to live. People can be busy and when there are many servers to maintain it can be difficult to get around to fixing one straight away.  If you have a serious issue make a ticket about it, ask for it to be fixed. There is no point in ranting about it on the forums as it doesn't exactly tell us what is wrong.

I hope you understand that
-kora

• Like 2

︵‿︵‿୨  Steam  ୧‿︵‿︵

˜”*°•.˜”*°• Senior Admin •°*”˜.•°*”˜

‧͙⁺˚*・༓   Discord: xkora   ༓・*˚⁺‧͙

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/08/2020 at 1:06 PM, Hey I'm Kora ❤ said:

What do you think the reason behind having staff is? I believe its to help run the server correct?

You also need to remember that this is a "non-profit organization" meaning we all have jobs/ lives to live. People can be busy and when there are many servers to maintain it can be difficult to get around to fixing one straight away.  If you have a serious issue make a ticket about it, ask for it to be fixed. There is no point in ranting about it on the forums as it doesn't exactly tell us what is wrong.

I hope you understand that
-kora

From what we can understand staff have 0 perms to do or fix anything, we've spoken to staff and made forum posts regarding bugs and nothing has been done or even addressed.

14 hours ago, ethot said:

From what we can understand staff have 0 perms to do or fix anything, we've spoken to staff and made forum posts regarding bugs and nothing has been done or even addressed.

Community Directors and Surf Managers all have access to zone and fix maps if they want to.

They do not need full access to the servers to be able to fix a map bug. as they can create a test environment on their own local server which can then get uploaded to all of the servers by myself. I'm more than happy to help set this up but so far no one has ever been interested in spending days worth of work fixing things (except for 1DJ)

As I always say... any game breaking bugs/exploits should be directly messaged to me with as much information as possible. This is the responsibility of the surf managers and head admins. to relay that information and continue to follow it up with me to insure it's fixed as quick as possible I just got back from being inactive for a while... I was on the surf servers and was told by some players of a few minor exploits. They were able to provide me with a step by step to reproduce it. My point being... they would of been fixed months/weeks ago if someone actually provided all the information directly to me.

Provide step by step to reproduce the bug (timer related)  and preferably a short gyazo/video of it. I can't fix anything if I don't know how to reproduce it or even know about it. As for map related bugs, I'm hoping drk can be trained to take over this as he is currently in charge of picking and zoning new maps.. I can help out with these map related bugs but I just don't have time to fix them all by myself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Although hard to believe due to how slow changes and updates come out for surf. There is in fact a long extensive list of things that need to be done - with the team thinking of how to fix bugs and awaiting for a new update to come to fix other issues.

Like the 2500 bug wasn't an instant fix because none of the current staff had the knowledge of what was causing it.

Spec bots have been discussed multiple times and we hopefully can make a decision on what way to take that shortly. 

If anyone has a direct and personal thought of how to fix an issue with one instant piece of code, I'm sure we'd be all ears to what the fix might be. So if anyone knows a fix for an issue please step forward. Until then be patient and believe in the team that we do care. 

Regards, Ren

q7FvjV2.png

• ruthles_kila locked this topic